Saturday, October 27, 2007

It is Saturday morning - Boston is rainy, drizzly. I am coffee, yogurt, watercolors. The sound is Caribbean jazz with trumpets. I am reminiscing Chick Corea the night before and drumming out of this world at the Lily Pad. The weather puts me in a reflective mood and I harken back to my friend's post about rainy day music. So in an effort to pair sounds with moods - here are several songs and bands I've enjoyed in the past couple weeks.



HEALTH - The song Glitter Pills kills me. The mix here is just right. Blunt and subtle. Robust and fragile. They are friends with Dan Deacon (or so MySpace tells me) and I really like that Electro Punk Sound. See also Pterodactyl.


Birds and Batteries - I don't know, was it the 'Light Bright' picture? This song - Turnstyles - just struck me. It has some ELO style grandeur (guilty pleasure), but also a healthy dose of irony (another vice). Then the end of the song takes a twist and gets really weird.


Portugal, The Man - has that nice, classic, throbbing rock sound - I like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and so I like this band. Here are two songs - Marching with 6 and Stables and Chairs.


0 comments:

Post a Comment